Admissions Process & Interviews
VCS uses Ravenna for the online application and scheduling of all admissions appointments. Our Admissions Process begins after Labor Day. Kindergarten applicants must turn 5 on or before December 31, 2021.
- Submit VCS Application by December 1, 2020.
- Schedule your Admissions appointments on Ravenna after submitting your Application.
- Submit TADS Tuition Assistance Application by December 1, 2020 (if applicable).
- Child's current teacher submits the ISAAGNY School Report Form through Ravenna.
- VCS is not requiring ISEE testing for applicants for 2nd Grade and above, nor requiring or accepting the Thinking + Engagement Kindergarten Assessment.
- Families receive acceptance decisions in early February 2021 per the Independent School Admissions Association of Greater New York (ISAAGNY) guidelines.
Click here to download a printable checklist for your records.
Please contact the Office of Admissions with any questions you may have.
Village Community School requires the Application before registering for Admissions Appointments and will be conducting all appointments remotely.
Appointments for Kindergarten applicants will be approximately one hour long, and will be conducted via Zoom beginning September 2020. The Kindergarten Child Visit will take approximately 8-10 minutes with the parent(s) present, followed by a 35-40 minute School Tour. A Parent Interview and Q&A session will be conducted after the Tour.
Families applying to 1st Grade and above will also be seen remotely. School Tour and Parent Interview appointments will begin October 2020 and take approximately one hour. Applicants for Grades 1-7 will receive a reading and math assessment prior to their January 2021 Zoom appointment, where they will meet the Admissions team in small groups.
We look forward to getting to know your family.