Admissions Process & Interviews
VCS uses Ravenna for the online application and scheduling of all admissions appointments. Our admissions process begins after Labor Day. Kindergarten applicants must turn 5 on or before December 31st, 2024.
- Create a Ravenna account.
- Submit VCS Application by November 20th, 2023.
- Schedule your Admissions appointments on Ravenna after submitting your Application.
- Submit FAST Tuition Assistance Application by November 20th, 2023 (if applicable).
- Child's current teacher submits the ISAAGNY School Report Form through Ravenna.
- VCS is requiring ISEE testing for 5th–8th Grade applicants. ISEE testing will not be required for 2nd–4th Grade applicants.
- Families receive acceptance decisions in early February 2024 per the Independent School Admissions Association of Greater New York (ISAAGNY) guidelines.
Click here to download a printable checklist for your records.
Please contact the Office of Admissions with any questions you may have.
While families do not need to have submitted an application to participate on a school tour, applications must be submitted prior to registering for Admissions Appointments such as the applicant’s visit and parent interview.
Parent interviews will be conducted either in person or remotely. Families opting for remote interviews will receive a Zoom link prior to their appointment. School tour and applicant visits will be held in person:
- Kindergarten and 1st Grade applicants will meet in small groups with a member of the Admissions Team for 45 minutes.
- Applicants for 2nd–8th Grade will visit VCS classrooms in January.
We look forward to getting to know your family!