Admissions Process & Interviews
VCS uses Ravenna for the online application and scheduling of all admissions appointments. Our Admissions Process begins after Labor Day. Kindergarten applicants must turn 5 on or before December 31, 2022.
- Submit VCS Application by December 1, 2021.
- Schedule your Admissions appointments on Ravenna after submitting your Application.
- Submit TADS Tuition Assistance Application by December 1, 2021 (if applicable).
- Child's current teacher submits the ISAAGNY School Report Form through Ravenna.
- VCS is requiring ISEE testing for Grade 5-7 applicants. ISEE testing will not be required for Grades 2-4 applicants. The Thinking + Engagement Kindergarten Assessment is not required or accepted.
- Families receive acceptance decisions in early February 2022 per the Independent School Admissions Association of Greater New York (ISAAGNY) guidelines.
Click here to download a printable checklist for your records.
Please contact the Office of Admissions with any questions you may have.
Village Community School requires the Application before registering for Admissions Appointments and will be conducting most appointments remotely.
School Tours and Parent Interviews will be conducted via Zoom. Kindergarten and Grade 1 applicants have the option of an in-person or remote child visit to the school. Applicants will be seen for 30 minutes one-on-one with a member of the Admissions Team.
Grades 2-7 Applicants will receive a reading and math assessment prior to their January 2022 Zoom appointment, where they will meet the Admissions team in small groups.
We look forward to getting to know your family.