Admissions Process & Interviews
VCS uses Ravenna for the online application and scheduling of all admissions appointments. Our Admissions Process begins after Labor Day. Kindergarten applicants must turn 5 on or before December 31, 2020.
- Register and attend a tour of VCS (required).
- Submit VCS Application by December 2, 2019.
- Submit TADS Tuition Assistance Application by December 2, 2019 (if applicable).
- Child's current teacher submits the ISAAGNY School Report Form through Ravenna.
- An ISEE test is required for applicants to 2nd Grade and above; VCS does not require or accept ECAA (ERB) test results for Kindergarten or 1st Grade applicants.
- Appointments for parents/child interviews can be made online once families have submitted an application, but should take place after the scheduled tour.
- Families receive acceptance decisions in early February 2020 per the Independent School Admissions Association of Greater New York (ISAAGNY) guidelines.
Click here to download a printable checklist for your records.
Please contact the Office of Admissions with any questions you may have.
Village Community School requires two admissions interviews – one for the child and one for the parents. Interviews begin in October and continue throughout the fall.
The Admissions Interview for Kindergarten and 1st Grade applicants is conducted as a group session with children of the same age. The Director of Admissions and an Admissions Associate or classroom teacher present the children with a school-like experience lasting about one hour.
Students applying to 2nd Grade and above will be invited to spend a few hours at the school with a group of their peers. Students also meet with VCS teachers and Admissions staff.
Parents meet with a VCS administrator for an interview lasting 30-40 minutes.
We look forward to getting to know your family.