Admissions Process & Interviews
VCS uses Ravenna for the online application and scheduling of all admissions appointments. Our Admissions Process begins after Labor Day. Kindergarten applicants must turn 5 on or before December 31, 2023.
- Create a Ravenna account.
- Submit VCS Application by December 1, 2022.
- Schedule your Admissions appointments on Ravenna after submitting your Application.
- Submit TADS Tuition Assistance Application by December 1, 2022 (if applicable).
- Child's current teacher submits the ISAAGNY School Report Form through Ravenna.
- VCS is requiring ISEE testing for Grade 5-7 applicants. ISEE testing will not be required for Grades 2-4 applicants.
- Families receive acceptance decisions in early February 2023 per the Independent School Admissions Association of Greater New York (ISAAGNY) guidelines.
Click here to download a printable checklist for your records.
Please contact the Office of Admissions with any questions you may have.
Village Community School requires the Application before registering for Admissions Appointments such as the School Tour, and will be conducting appointments in-person. Proof of vaccination and masks are required. Parents will also be asked to sign an Acknowledgement Letter prior to their first appointment.
Kindergarten and 1st Grade applicants will meet one-on-one with a member of the Admissions Team for 30 minutes.
Applicants for 2nd-7th Grade will visit VCS classrooms in January. Vaccination and masks will be required.
Parent Interviews will be conducted either in-person or remotely. Families opting for remote interviews will receive a Zoom link prior to their appointment.
We look forward to getting to know your family.