Annual Giving is essential to VCS’s ability to deliver an extraordinary educational experience to our students.
The Annual Fund is the sum of all unrestricted gifts made and spent in the current fiscal year to support the school’s operating needs.
As in all independent schools, tuition only covers VCS’s basic expenses. Annual Fund gifts represent approximately 8% of our operating budget, and approximately 75% of our operating revenue goes directly to our teachers.
This year, the Annual Fund will continue to support our wonderful teachers and staff, our children and the excellence of our program, including by funding the school's COVID-related expenses:
- Professional development for our teachers for in-person and virtual teaching
- Hiring 12 new teaching staff, including additional Science and Math teachers
- Laptops, iPads and school supplies to all students
- Additional school materials for home use for all students
- Increased tuition assistance benefits
- Permanently outfitting our physical plant with infection prevention measures
- Maintaining a round-the-clock cleaning staff for the entire building
At VCS, we're proud of what we can do together and approach this unique year with great optimism. As community members, we all step up and make tax-deductible Annual Fund gifts, contributing as generously as possible each year.