Annual Giving is essential to VCS’s ability to deliver an extraordinary educational experience to our students.
The Annual Fund is the sum of all unrestricted gifts made and spent in the current fiscal year to support the school’s operating needs.
As in all independent schools, tuition only covers VCS’s basic expenses. Annual Fund gifts represent approximately 9% of our operating budget. A healthy Annual Fund ensures we have the resources to act on VCS’s highest ambitions.
Annual Giving has empowered VCS to:
- Advance our curriculum with leading-edge tools and technologies
- Offer challenging new courses with specialist instructors
- Attract, support and retain talented faculty
- Create stimulating programming for parents and staff
- Expand electives, sports and arts initiatives
At VCS, we’re proud of our philanthropic tradition. As community members, we all step up and make tax-deductible Annual Fund gifts, contributing as generously as possible each year.